Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Husband - Happy Anniversary!

It has been 9 years tomorrow. Happy Anniversary to us! There are so many reasons that I love Andy. I think back to that day when I fell headlong in love. For me, it was not love at first sight. In fact, I don't even remember meeting Andy that first time. Our first date...well, there's not much to say other than it was the worst date either of us has ever been on. It even beat the blind date I went on with Julie when I was 15 where the guy took his shoe off and tried to play footsie with me with his smelly, sweaty feet. I don't know why Andy decided to ask me on a second one. I said yes because I felt so guilty about the first date, but regardless of why he asked or why I agreed, I am so glad that it happened. I went from the (truthfully) worst date ever to the best in the space of 7 days. After we had dated for a while, I was angry about something and when he asked me what was wrong and I told him, instead of getting angry right back he sat down calmly and said, "Well, let's talk about it." I couldn't tell you what day of the week or what month that was, but that was the second I fell in love with him. This time last year, I could have told you I loved him because he is such an amazing father. I would have said that as a husband, he is uplifting, supportive and never leaves me doubting his love. That was last year. This year, after the year that we have, I know the depths of his love go further than I could ever have begun to imagine. After Ethan's death, when I could not lift myself up off the floor, this man carried me, carried our entire family and never faltered a step. I would have never made it without him. People have spoken to me of strength. This is what I know. Any strength that I have comes directly from God. But right after Ethan's death, when just breathing seemed more than I could do, God filled Andy with the strength for both of us. I am forever grateful that he took on that burden without so much as a single complaint. This man is amazing. And I am forever blessed to have him as my husband. I love you, Andy.

No comments: