Thursday, April 30, 2009

Going back to school

I have had a time trying to get certified in Tennessee. I have a current license in North Carolina and Tennessee does have a reciprical license with them. BUT, I have not taught for three years on the NC license, so I have to send them either a valid Georgia license or take four (yes, FOUR) PRAXIS test. They are horrible, horrible tests and I would only be certified in Tennessee. So, I'm going back to school for 6 hours of courses to get my certificate renewed in Georgia and then I will get a reciprical Tennessee license. WHEW! Make sense?

I am officially enrolled in some online courses and I'm nervous. I've never taken courses that were online. I'm a sit in the classroom and take notes sort of girl. So, we'll see how it goes. It sounds like I'm going to be really busy, especially trying to move at the same time. So, keep my in your prayers. Pray I will stay sane and my children will continue to be fed and bathed. Oh, and that I learn something and PASS MY CLASSES!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Allie:
Good luck with your tests! I had to jump through some hoops when I changed provinces so I totally understand. Try to stay on top of the online course, it is easy to let it slide...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you make this huge transition. I understand how hard it can be.
Jamie