Friday, June 20, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?

I have a fear of the phone. I know, stupid, really. But, after Ethan's death, it never stopped ringing, and I just couldn't face it. Then, slowly, it did stop, and the silence was so much worse. So, I avoid it. I only call a handful of people...my parents, sisters, Ginger, Courtney, and a handful of friends. Other than that, email is my main form of communication.

Then, I got involved in the bill, in trying to get it passed. And it was so important to me, so important period, that I jumped in full force, emailing and calling (yes, calling) these state Representatives. I had sweats and panic attacks before I would call, but I did it. Now, I have been asked to do an interview for a state news organization about the act. They are trying to get personal stories from several people in different parts of the state. I said yes; of course, I said yes. People need to know about it, I feel that it is so extremely important. It's a phone interview. I'm sweating just thinking about it. It's for Monday at 10 am. I hope I make it through it without breaking down, without putting any negative spin on it, and without Jake and Will fighting in the middle of it. I'll settle for the first two, since I'm sure the last won't happen. but I'm nervous. Accelerating heartbeat nervous.

1 comment:

May said...

I'll be thinking of you. Thank you for doing this for all of us - mommies with broken hearts.


~~May