Thursday, October 09, 2008

Halloween - Not Expecting This

Last night we drove around the neighborhood looking at Halloween lights. The house right across the street from us has one of those spooky, fake cemeteries. As we are getting out of the car, Jake asked me if Ethan was in a cemetery. I told him Ethan was in heaven, but he pressed on and asked if his body was in a cemetery. He wanted to know if it was scary, like the ones at Halloween, because "Scooby and Shaggy are ALWAYS afraid of the cemetery because there are monsters there." *sigh*

Tonight he drew a picture for Ethan and then asked me if we could have another brother. I just never thought that Halloween would make him think of Ethan, although I totally get the correlation. But here I sit, 3 hours after the boys have gone to bed, still crying because a fake cemetery reminds my boy of his brother. Just hurting tonight.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow, it makes sense that it would remind him but still, not something I would anticipate.

Thinking of you today.

Jamie