Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Deployments suck

I had forgotten just how difficult it can be to be the only parent at home. We have made it almost a month, just the boys and I. It is so lonely sometimes. When I am at work, the day seems to fly by and there is not enough time to get everything done. We have had snow day after snow day, though, and I am about to lose my mind. I have a lot to do at home, but all I can focus on is all the stuff I need to do for work that I am unable to do. Plus, I have a little too much time on my hands to just think. Too much thinking is NOT good for the soul in my case.

The boys seem to be handling this deployment alright. We are able to talk to Andy on Skype, so they are able to see Andy while they are talking to him. Such an amazing invention! Mama and I talked about seeing something like that on the "Future" ride at Disney and thinking how cool it was and that it was something we would never see. And now, here it is. It is nice to be able to have that connection.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

At least you have me right down the road!!! That makes it ALL better! ;0)